Active & Safe Routes to School (ASRTS) is a community partnership made up of several organizations throughout the Counties of Elgin, Middlesex, Oxford, and the cities of London and St. Thomas working together to promote and sustain ASRTS programs that encourage children and families to choose active transportation.
Active School Travel is using any form of human powered travel such as walking, biking, rollerblading, skateboarding, etc. to get to and/or from school.
Active School Travel can help to...
- Improve physical and mental health
- Improve traffic and safety around your school
- Improve air quality and help the environment
- Have students arrive at school alert and ready to learn
- Feel more connected to your community
Learn more about the benefits of active travel.